Monday, June 20, 2011

Saying Goodbye to the Teaching Garden at Queens University

Today was my last day interning at school...and by interning I mean doing what I love to do, gardening!
Since May I have been taking care of the garden, weeding, watering planting and maintaining experiments and have absolutely enjoyed every minute of it! Tomorrow I will be relinquishing my duties to another nerdy gardener and I am sorta sad about it :(
So I figured I would post some pictures to my blog to show how beautiful the garden at school is!
Teaching Garden at Queens University 

A few plants...
Big Bush Tomato Plant
Butterfly Garden

Potato I Planted

Experiment On Light and Plant Growth

Peas
Sweet Potato, Pumpkin and Cucumber
Beauty 
I think that everyone should have a garden that they can groom and take care of! The amazing part is seeing that with just a little TLC you can watch something grow from a seed to a beautiful flower and then even to a fruit or veggie that you can enjoy, spit the seed out, and watch it all over again!
Happy Gardening!

1 comment: